Snack is served at 10:00 a.m. (This is a flexible schedule). Our snack menu is vegan, so no dairy or meat products. We serve fresh organic fruits and vegetables along with nuts, seeds, gluten-free crackers, muffins or bread, and water.
- one organic fruit choice – banana, grapes, oranges, berries, apples and any other seasonally fresh fruit.
- one organic vegetable choice – cucumber, lettuce or spinach leaves, celery, carrots and other seasonally available veggies.
- gluten free crackers – plain crackers, pretzels, muffins, etc.
- one healthy protein and fat – walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds, edamame, or pumpkin seeds
- water – available and refiled as needed all morning.
Marigold preschool will provide treats for birthday and holiday celebrations which consist of organic gluten and dairy free cookies or graham crackers. If you would like to provide treats for your child’s birthday please let me know the week before. If you would like to make homemade treats and bring a tasty beverage you are more than welcome to. Please make sure to bring synthetic dye free, gluten and dairy free treats. We have children with sensitivities to synthetic dyes, so please look for healthier options. Sugary treats can easily be replaced with natural fruit leather, and fresh berries or fruits. The children love fruit! Plant based sweeteners like stevia and monk fruit are great options for sugar free treats and juices as well.
No peanuts or peanut butter please.
We will not have commercial decorations or toys for birthday or holiday celebrations. The children will make a special artwork for the birthday friend.
Heidi, The Marigold School of Early Learning